Single sign on in ASP.NET

Grey

I have several .NET web applications in the co intranet. Currently, every
application has its own login screen to authentication and the
authentication is Forms Authentication with Active Directory. Now, I want to
by-pass the login screen but still want to use AD to have authentication. My
question is can I get the logged in username and password from windows and
proceed the AD authentication when user start the application.

Million thanks..

Hans Kesting

Grey said:
I have several .NET web applications in the co intranet. Currently, every
application has its own login screen to authentication and the
authentication is Forms Authentication with Active Directory. Now, I want to
by-pass the login screen but still want to use AD to have authentication. My
question is can I get the logged in username and password from windows and
proceed the AD authentication when user start the application.

Million thanks..

In an intRAnet situation, where all (applicable) servers and clients run Windows,
you can use the windows-login to automatically get access to your site.
I've never done it (yet) so I can't give more details, but I think you should look
at the security tab in the IIS properties for the site(s).

Hans Kesting

Saravana [MVP]

If user is there in AD, then you can use integrated windows authentication.
Using user.Identity.Name(), you can get the username of the loged on user.

Guest

You may also have to turn on impersonation if your using this method. This make sure users are not authenticated as the aspnet user, instead ,their network credentials are use.