Slideshow and link

Bob Bedford

I've a slideshow (www.shopauto.ch) click on "Rechercher" and then "ALFA
ROMEO 147 2.0 16V SLSPD" (there is a camera icon next to the line).

you can see the slide show running. I've created a link on the picture, I
mean where the slide is running, but when you put the mouse pointer on it,
it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on NS7.02

How may I fix this ?

Bob

Lee

Bob Bedford said:
I've a slideshow (www.shopauto.ch) click on "Rechercher" and then "ALFA
ROMEO 147 2.0 16V SLSPD" (there is a camera icon next to the line).

you can see the slide show running. I've created a link on the picture, I
mean where the slide is running, but when you put the mouse pointer on it,
it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on NS7.02

In most cases you test for newobj.filters before refering to it's
attributes, but there is one place where you forgot to test, first.

McKirahan

Bob Bedford said:
I've a slideshow (www.shopauto.ch) click on "Rechercher" and then "ALFA
ROMEO 147 2.0 16V SLSPD" (there is a camera icon next to the line).

you can see the slide show running. I've created a link on the picture, I
mean where the slide is running, but when you put the mouse pointer on it,
it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on NS7.02

How may I fix this ?

Bob

After

I didn't try it under NS.

Michael Winter

[snip]

The value, hand, is not a valid CSS property value for cursor. The proper
name is pointer.

cursor: pointer;

Mike

McKirahan

Michael Winter said:
[snip]

The value, hand, is not a valid CSS property value for cursor. The proper
name is pointer.

cursor: pointer;

Mike

You're right. Though a little research found these:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css_cursors.html
CSS and Cursors, Huh?
cursor: hand (the traditional pointing hand)
cursor: pointer (that hand again)

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_cursor.asp
Notes in IE 5.x:
To display a hand, you may use the non-standard value hand. Like this:
{cursor: hand}

http://www.quirksmode.org/css/cursor.html#pointer
pointer: Explorer 6 Windows, Mozilla, Opera, Explorer 5 Mac, Safari 1.0+
hand: Explorer 4-6 Windows, Opera, Explorer 5 Mac, Safari 1.2

Bob Bedford

Lee said:
Bob Bedford said: NS7.02

In most cases you test for newobj.filters before refering to it's
attributes, but there is one place where you forgot to test, first.

The strange thing is that I test before setting the filters. So if the
attribute doesn't exist, why the test is true ?

if (newobj.filters){ //if filters doesn't exists, why the test is true ?
newobj.filters.alpha.opacity=curpos
lastobj.filters.alpha.opacity=100-curpos
}

Thanks.

Bob

Lee

Bob Bedford said:
The strange thing is that I test before setting the filters. So if the
attribute doesn't exist, why the test is true ?

if (newobj.filters){ //if filters doesn't exists, why the test is true ?
newobj.filters.alpha.opacity=curpos
lastobj.filters.alpha.opacity=100-curpos
}

That's not the code that's causing the problem.

It's too much trouble to work my way back to your source code,
but as I recall there are three places where you use the attributes
of newobj.filters, but you only test before two of them.

David Dorward

McKirahan said:
You're right. Though a little research found these:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css_cursors.html

Ignore. It is probably the _worst_ HTML & Related Technologies site I've
ever encountered.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_cursor.asp
Notes in IE 5.x:
To display a hand, you may use the non-standard value hand. Like this:
{cursor: hand}

This is a fairish point. The older obsolete versions of IE don't support
"pointer". I have a "Its cosmetic, people should upgrade to Firefox if they
want it prettier" attitude towards them though.