Slow Connections Slowing Down Site.

Bruce Hodge

Hi,

We have multiple copies of an application running on 2003 server hosted on
the Internet. Each has it's own SQL database, each has it's own Website and
URL. So in processing terms they are all isolated. You'd think they would
all run at the same speed if they have the same number of users accessing
them, but they don't, here's the problem.

One client (6 users) has his own copy of the application and is connecting
to the internet with a connection that in the afternoon can be very slow,
even to the point of pages timing out. When we access his copy of the
application from our office (different site and Internet connectivity) the
application is running, but very slowly. The only difference between this
clients application and the others is the clients very slow connection
speeds. The problem is that the clients slow connection speeds are bring
the application to it's knees for users who have a good connectivity speed.
How do we fix that?

Guest

We have experienced the same problem in a similar situation. Finally, we
realised the problem had nothing to do with the application, but in the way
our ISP deals with this its datatraffic.

One Ip address (website) had 99% of that server's bandwidth assigned to it,
while the others had to share the remaining 1%...

I hope this helps or applies to your situation also.

Daniel Peters