SmartNavigation and Panels causing debug error

Chris Ruegsegger

I have a registration type page that asks a series of
questions but does so using Panels to display only a
couple at a time. I have a Next and Back button on each
panel for navigation purposes. Some of the next buttons
have Validation enabled for input checking.
SmartNavigation is set to True.

If I proceed a few Panels in to the registration and try
to backup using a Back button I get a script debug error
from IE stating a value is null or undefined. This only
happens on pages where the Next buttons cause validation.
Turning off SmartNavigation fixes the problem, no more
debug errors.

I would really like to use SmartNavigation, but as it
stands right now, I have to disable it for this page or
tell all my users to disable script debugging in Internet
Explorer. Anyone got a suggested fix?

Chris

Marina

Smart navigation is known to be problematic. The concensus from the
discussions on this newsgroup has been to stay away from it.

Chris Ruegsegger

Is there any alternative?

Chris
!