    Do you have any clue what might cause the difference?
    Thank you very much.

    Dagong

    Dagong Wang, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Microsoft does not document the behavior of SmartNavigation very well.
    Don't know if this is your problem, but SmartNavigation uses a hidden
    iframe. When you submit the form, you are actually submitting the iframe.
    When the page returns, the DOM is copied to the page that you are viewing.

    Peter Rilling, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Dagong Wang

    Scott Guest

    There a fair number of problems with SmartNavigation; especially with redirections, I would try turning it off just prior to your redirects:

    Page.SmartNavigation = false;

    Scott

    Hi,

    I have an ASP.NET application that works fine in my testing server. However,
    when I uploaded it into a hosting server, page SmartNavigation option and
    server side redirection, such as FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage,
    quit working. They told me to recompile the code there, and it did not solve
    these issues.

    Scott, Apr 20, 2004
  4. I have been told that once you turn SmartArchive on, you cannot turn it off
    programmatically because all interaction with the server happens through an
    iframe, not the main page.

    Peter Rilling, Apr 20, 2004
  5. Dagong Wang

    Scott Guest

    Before we abandoned SmartNavigation; we had some scheme where this worked for some redirection problem, it's worth a shot.

    Scott

    Scott, Apr 20, 2004
  6. Sorry, meant SmartNavigation.

    Peter Rilling, Apr 21, 2004