SoapException - unusual behavior

Marty McDonald

I have a web page. It uses web service (on localhost) to get data. I'm able
to get to my web service properly, data is returned. Then, via JavaScript,
I HTTP post to another site. Instead of seeing the other site, I see the
SoapException...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
- <soap:Body>
- <soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Unable to handle
request without a valid action parameter. Please supply a valid soap action.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize() at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocol.SetContext(Type type,
HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response) at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
abortProcessing)</faultstring>
<detail />
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I thought this message only happened for web service issues, yet my web
service was fine. Is there somewhere I should be looking?
Thanks for ideas! --Marty

Marty McDonald

Please disregard - I found the cause of my issue. Instead of using HTTP
Post to go to another site, I was accidentally posting to my own form again!