socket programming

xunil

assuming am sitted on my PC, and want to be notified when some one
else logs on to his machine. throught some kind of pop-up

how can i use C socket programming concepts to achieve this ?

Case -

xunil said:
assuming am sitted on my PC, and want to be notified when some one
else logs on to his machine. throught some kind of pop-up

how can i use C socket programming concepts to achieve this ?

a. Socket programming is not standard C.

b. What you want is fully operating system dependent.
There is no general answer.

Look for a newsgroup that deals with (network) programming
on the platform you're using.

Kees

CBFalconer

xunil said:
assuming am sitted on my PC, and want to be notified when some one
else logs on to his machine. throught some kind of pop-up

how can i use C socket programming concepts to achieve this ?

Good question. Bad location. C doesn't have sockets, nor
pop-ups, etc. Try a newsgroup that deals with your particular
system.

Dan Pop

In said:
assuming am sitted on my PC, and want to be notified when some one
else logs on to his machine. throught some kind of pop-up

The C abstract machine is single user, single tasking, single threaded.
how can i use C socket programming concepts to achieve this ?

There are NO "C socket programming concepts" at all.

Dan