Software Development C++ vs C#

FunkyChciekn818

I am pretty new to programming in both C++ and C# and i am very
interested in creating programs that can be used on man OS like
(Windows, Mac, Linux) the programs i am going to create are going to
use may different things like FTP, HTTP, XML, SOAP, RSS, EMAIL, Instant
messaging, video conversation, sound and voice. And i want to know what
would be the best Languages to use C++ or C#?

Alf P. Steinbach

* FunkyChciekn818:
I am pretty new to programming in both C++ and C# and i am very
interested in creating programs that can be used on man OS like
(Windows, Mac, Linux) the programs i am going to create are going to
use may different things like FTP, HTTP, XML, SOAP, RSS, EMAIL, Instant
messaging, video conversation, sound and voice. And i want to know what
would be the best Languages to use C++ or C#?

See the FAQ item "Is C++ better than Ada? (or Visual Basic, C, FORTRAN,
Pascal, Smalltalk, or any other language?)" currently 6.5 at <url:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/big-picture.html#faq-6.5>.

FunkyChciekn818

I guess you mean that it would all depend on what i will use it for, so
i guess C++ would better.

Default User

FunkyChciekn818 said:
I guess you mean that it would all depend on what i will use it for,
so i guess C++ would better.

with properly trimmed quotes.

Brian