Sound lost when playing AVI files

Ron Clarke

I have links to some small (16MB) AVI files on a page. When I click the
link, the video plays OK in Media Player, but the sound is lost. Running
these same videos directly, instead of clicking the link, works fine. Yes,
I've checked the volume controls, settings, etc. Is there something special
that needs to be done to allow users to view AVI files, with sound, from an
ASP.NET page?