Sources on optimizing XPath queries

Petr Vlcek

Hello,

I am engaded in optimization of XPath queries as a topic of my diploma
thesis. Our team is developing experimental system for indexing of XML
document collections. My part is to develop simple XPath query optimizer
that would use indices and maybe XML schemata. I am looking for some
sources and I am not sure where should I get started.

Could anyone recommend me some valuable sources?

Best regards,

Petr Vlcek.