Splitting Text into an Array

nvanhaaster

Quick question, I need to split a large amount of text into an array
everytime there is an enter (meaning line down) what is the code for
the delimiter i would use..

Example text

Hello
This is some sample
text that needs to be put
into an array
by everytime
we go to the next line

sample code

Array = Split(sampletext,?)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Quick question, I need to split a large amount of text into an array
everytime there is an enter (meaning line down) what is the code for
the delimiter i would use..
Probably vbCrLf, but it could be vbCr or vbLf. You'll need to try them to
see which works.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Try using vbCrLf

theArray = Split(sampletext, vbCrLf)

It's the VB constant for carriage return + line feed.

Ray at work