Spreadsheet-like input in web app

colo

Hi,

I'm trying to create a web app that will allow users to input several
rows of data for several columns. Is there a control that simulates
the flexibility of a spreadsheet? This app is currently in excel, as a
series of input templates, and I want to migrate it to web - still
being able to input data for several rows/columns at once.

Thanks for your help!!

colo

http://davidrothman.net/2007/02/19/online-spreadsheet-applications/

ajaxXLS looks intriguing, as it's a free application:http://us.ajax13.com/en/ajaxxls/

Simple spreadsheet (http://www.simple-groupware.de/cms/Spreadsheet/Home)
looks like it could use a port to ASP.NET.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/

Thanks - I was thinking more on something that could be created with
the standard toolbox controls. I don't really need full spreadsheet
functionality, like creating formulas and stuff. I just need the user
to be able to input a variable number of rows. I then need to save
this info to a database.

the database table would be something like three fields (employee ID,
Month, Units), but the input template needs to have the months across
the top and the employees as rows... to be able to enter a variable
number of employees.

Input:
Employee Name | JAN | FEB | ...etc.
John | 25 | 25 |.. etc.