SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Marc

Here is a new error I am getting.

I have a development computer (Server 2000, SQL2000, .NET 1.1)
I have a production computer (Server 2003, SQL2000, .NET 1.1)

When I run my solution on the development box pointing to the database on
the development box - no problem.
When I run my solution on the production box pointing to the database on the
production box - no problem.
When I run my solution on the production box pointing to the database on the
development box - no problem.

When I run my solution on the development box pointing to the database on
the production box - problem.

Here is the error message:
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not
exist or access denied.

Here is my connection string in the web.config file:
<add key="ConnectionString" value="user id=ssboot; password=pwd; initial
catalog=archi; data source=scics-dotnet1,1433; Network Library =dbmssocn;
Connect Timeout=5; pooling=true"/>

I have am out of ideas on what to try to fix this problem. From my
development box I have no problem connecting to the production database
through server explorer in the .NET IDE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc.

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

first check whether r u able to connect to sql server
using enterpraise manager. if so you should be able to
connect to sql server using .NET.

Ravikanth

Marc

Yes, I can connect to the database through server manager
in the .NET IDE, sql enterprise manager and query analyzer.

Thanks,
Marc.

Filip

Marc,

I was getting same error (not in .NET) but it came down to security setting
for the SQL.
Instead of using mixed mode authentication I had Windows authentication
only.

regards,
Filip