"SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

Guest

Is there any resolution to this problem,
When I connect to a Remote SQL server, over the Internet, with an opened
port throgh the firewall.

Using the "workstation id="ASPSERVERNAME";packet size=4096;user id=UUUU;data
source="x.x.x.x,pp";persist security info=True;initial
catalog=RBS;password="xx"

This error retuered "SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

All the systems are up-to-dateed, SQL-Servr 2000, ASP:server is Win2000.

Any help?

Scott Allen

My first step would be to look on the server to see if the connection
request is reaching. Check the logs to see if there are failed login
attempts for your UID.

pdxJaxon

you also should check to see if the client network utility and SQL server
are set to use TCP/IP instead of Named Pipes.

Greg Jackson
PDX, Oregon