sqrt

osmium

Marcin said:
But I must use only stadnard C!

IIRC this thread tells you what to do. Write your own big number routine
and use Newton's method. There is nothing there that precludes the use of
standard C. What's your problem?

Richard Bos

osmium said:
IIRC this thread tells you what to do.

What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
There was no References header in that post.

Richard

osmium

Richard Bos said:
What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
There was no References header in that post.

You are correct, sir! But there was an earlier thread titled <sqrt
precision?!> from a guy named Marcin and this one was also by Marcin and
dealt with a vaguely similar subject. And, IIRC, the earlier thread told
him what to do. I encapsulated what I thought the best advise was in my
full post.

CBFalconer

osmium said:
You are correct, sir! But there was an earlier thread titled <sqrt
precision?!> from a guy named Marcin and this one was also by Marcin
and dealt with a vaguely similar subject. And, IIRC, the earlier
thread told him what to do. I encapsulated what I thought the best
advise was in my full post.

Put the blame where it belongs - on the ridiculous brain dead
google interface without quotes and without references. I suggest
selling their stock short - they seem to have suddenly lost their
technical capability and even the ability to correct that.

Martin Ambuhl

What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
There was no References header in that post.

Whachutalkin'bout, Willis?

--
To the Republic Party:
"..[N]othing could be more ill-judged than that intolerant spirit which