SSL in Python

Chris Rennert

I noticed in the documentation that they have ssl() in Python, but it says
only if configured. I just can't find info on how to configure SSL in
Python.
My goal is to write a simple p-2-p chat, but have all info encrypted between
clients.
Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

Jp Calderone

I noticed in the documentation that they have ssl() in Python, but it says
only if configured. I just can't find info on how to configure SSL in
Python. My goal is to write a simple p-2-p chat, but have all info
encrypted between clients. Any help you could give me would be greatly
appreciated!

Python's built-in SSL support only works for clients, not servers.
Several third party modules exist to provide server support, PyOpenSSL my
personal favorite. The gory details of this (and other networking issues)
are dealt with by Twisted: http://www.twistedmatrix.com/.

Jp

--
Seduced, shaggy Samson snored.