Stack trace specifies the name of the development server?!?

Guest

Hi,

I developed an application which writes errors to the event viewer whenever an exception is thrown (this is done at the application_error event).
Except for the exception message, I also write the stack trace to the event viewer entry.

I was suprised to know that the stack trace includes the physical location of the files in the delvelopment server.

Is this normal???

For example I added an error I found on one of our live servers (gmtest is our development server):

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at POSearchPage.Classes.StatusCodesReader.ReadStatuses() in \\gmtest\wwwroot$\alpha\POSearchPage\Classes\StatusCodesReader.cs:line 29
at POSearchPage.Classes.StatusCodesReader..ctor(String dsn) in \\gmtest\wwwroot$\alpha\POSearchPage\Classes\StatusCodesReader.cs:line 18
at POSearchPage.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \\gmtest\wwwroot$\alpha\posearchpage\global.asax.cs:line 32
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState()
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
at System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Kevin Spencer

The stack trace will reference the location of the files when the class was
compiled.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Gal Moshitch said:
[...]

completedSynchronously)

Guest

This behavior may be related to the pdf files that were accidently added to the bin directory of the live server

Gal Moshitch said:
whenever an exception is thrown (this is done at the application_error
event).
Except for the exception message, I also write the stack trace to the event viewer entry. Server connection.