static analysis tool for c++

Carlos

Hi folks,

Can somebody send me references on the subject mentioned tool, both
open source and or commercial is fine.

Please cc to (e-mail address removed)

Victor Bazarov

Carlos said:
Can somebody send me references on the subject mentioned tool, both
open source and or commercial is fine.

We used Insure++ at some point, I think it was fine. www.parasoft.com
is the web site. Rational division of IBM also has some of those, IIRC.

ma740988

Vic, what tool do you use to edit your source, display relationships
between classes and functions and members etc.? I'm investigating
Source Navigator (open source). Need something half way decent
besides .NET.

Apologies.. I realize this is OT but .. bear with me. ....

Victor Bazarov

Vic, what tool do you use to edit your source,

The built-in editor in the IDE, xemacs, OxEdit.
display relationships
between classes and functions and members etc.?

I don't use any.
I'm investigating
Source Navigator (open source). Need something half way decent
besides .NET.

Apologies.. I realize this is OT but .. bear with me. ....

You should probably ask in a Windows development newsgroup.

Harish

Victor Bazarov said:
We used Insure++ at some point, I think it was fine. www.parasoft.com
is the web site. Rational division of IBM also has some of those, IIRC.

OP was asking for static analysis tools, Insure++ or rational
purify/quantify are
runtime analysys tools...