    chars?

    thanks

    harry

    harry, May 14, 2004

  2. I couldn't get it to work with the td directly, probably because the
    table has ideas of its own about its width. But wrapping the content in
    a suitable container should work, e.g

    p {width:5em; overflow:hidden}

    And in CSS there's no unit for the width of a character. But 5em should
    be close enough, just adjust the value until you're happy with it.

    See <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visufx.html#propdef-overflow> for other
    overflow values.

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, May 14, 2004

  3. harry

    harry Guest

    Thanks Matt, found this also style="table-layout:fixed;" which displays as
    many as possible but chops off the remaining - just what I wanted!

    cheers!

    harry, May 14, 2004