Straight ASP in VS.NET Question

swoozie

All,

I have to set up a web server to handle
the following call:

<server URL>/Submit.asp?parm1={1}&parm2={2}&parm3={3}

I'm pretty lightweight in ASP.NET and a pure noob
in straight ASP. What's the easiest way to set
up a simple server page to grab these three parms
and invoke a method in my managed assembly?

Thank you,
~swooz

Curt_C [MVP]

in the page_load just add some Request.QueryString() calls, maybe a simple
switch() statement.

swoozie

Curt_C said:
in the page_load just add some Request.QueryString() calls, maybe a simple
switch() statement.

Curt, thanks for the reply. I am still unsure
how to handle the "Submit.asp" in the URL. Do
I need to create a straight ASP page to handle
this? And there's the issue with ending up
in managed code with the parm values.

Thanks a lot!
~swooz

Kevin Spencer

It's all yours now, Curt. -)

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

swoozie

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. The HTTP GET is from a 3rd-party
client, so I have to handle the URL with ".asp" in it (see above).
If I can handle that with ASP.NET, great! Can I set up a redirect
to an ASPX? Either way, I need to end up with the parms
in a managed assembly, be it web tier or middle. I'm fairly new
to this, so apologies in advance. And thanks so much for the help.

~swooz

swoozie

One more post to further clarify! ;-)
I am assuming since they're throwing ".asp" at me
that I need to have a classic ASP page on the web
server.

Curt_C [MVP]

you mean that THEY are pointing to YOUR site like this:

http://www.yoursite.com/submit.asp?parm1={1}&parm2={2}&parm3={3}

If so, few things...
1) wrong group, this is a .NET group.
2) you will need a page on your server called "submit.asp"
3) in that page you will need:
- myValue1 = Request.QueryString("param1")
- myValue2 = Request.QueryString("param2")
- myValue3 = Request.QueryString("param3")

that clarify it for ya?

swoozie

Yes, it does clarify, thanks. I did the .NET
newsgroup b/c [so far] I've written a pure .NET
app, but it appears I'm gonna have to have
an unmanaged piece in there.

ty