Strange Problem: Templated checkbox column

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Dev, May 5, 2007.

  1. Dev

    Dev Guest

    Hi,

    I've coded a templated column that will add a column of asp:Checkboxes
    including an asp:checkbox on the column header, to a gridview. The checkbox
    on the column header has Auto-postingback enabled and I've added an event
    hanlder to handle the CheckChanged event. I've put some code to the
    CheckChanged event hanlder. The templated column column is very simple
    doesnt do anything other than mentioned above.

    If I add this templated column on fly to a gridview which is also built
    dynamically, then CheckChanged event handlder fires when I tick/untick the
    column header checkbox, so no problem.

    But if I add this templated column on fly to a gridview added to the page in
    the designmode, then CheckChanged event handler fires only when I tick the
    checkbox on the column header. Event hanlder is not called when I untick the
    checkbox.

    Anybody know reason to this behavior? How to change this behavior?

    Dev

    Dev, May 5, 2007