structure padding

phoenix

hello,

in linux the word length is 4 bytes.
so when memory is allocated for a structure.
it allocates as a word.
so as to remove tht extra memory allocated ,we can use some pragma
directives to avoid tht.
do anyone know tht pragma?

bye.

Peter Nilsson

phoenix said:
in linux the word length is 4 bytes.
so when memory is allocated for a structure.
it allocates as a word.
so as to remove tht extra memory allocated ,we can use
some pragma
directives to avoid tht.
do anyone know tht pragma?

The C language standards do not define a specific pragma for
that purpose. It is implementation specific, therefore off-
topic in comp.lang.c.

[CLC is not a general purpose C group, rather it deals
specifically with C as defined by the C language standards.]

Please consult a linux developers group.