Style sheet questions

Guest

I have some themes with stylesheets, I have changed some of those style
sheets and in fact have even completely removed some graphics completely from
hard drive and yet if I use that class name the graphic stil shows up!

This happens after reboot and after re-compile.

could it be that the stylesheets were storing themselve in the browser
itself? if so what would I do to re-set/empty such stuff from the browser.

Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

Sounds like a caching problem. Make sure you save the updated stylesheets
with the current date/time. For example, if you get an older version of an
css file from your version control, the file will have an older date and the
browser won't pick it up.

Guest

I thought it was caching as well however I had re-booted several times and
the pages I am presenting them in are simple tables (ie no user controls )

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Sean said:
I have some themes with stylesheets, I have changed some of those style
sheets and in fact have even completely removed some graphics completely
from
hard drive and yet if I use that class name the graphic stil shows up!

This happens after reboot and after re-compile.

could it be that the stylesheets were storing themselve in the browser
itself? if so what would I do to re-set/empty such stuff from the browser.

Thanks

Guest

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Rebooting doesn't help for caching. Browser caches in local files. Try
saving the stylesheets with current date/time. Or get your browser to clear
the cache. In IE it is in Tools - Internet Options - General - Delete Files.
--

Eliyahu Goldin said:
[...]

Very helpful!

That makes so much more sense now in fact it explains why I can change other
settings in that style but I couldn’t change the image. I thought images that
were stored by the browser had to be explicitly set by the developer somehow,
now I know.