Submit button does nothing

johnjjj

I have a form with some asp.net fields and some validation controls. Then I
added an asp:button. I run the app and when I hit the submit button,
nothing happens. The page_load is not called and required vlidation control
fon't fire up.

All control have runat="server". I looked at the html source and didn't see
anything unusual.

Any ideas?

John

Pooran Prasad

Hi John
First check these...
If your submit button is something of this form..
<asp:Button OnClick="Btn_submit" Text="Submit"
runat="server" />
There must be a event called Btn_submit and this must
fire. Make sure there the event is there.
If nothing works, post the code .. lets analyze it to
find out more.
Alternatively you can use <input type="submit"
value="Submit" /> .. will still work :)
Hope that helps
Have a great day :)
R. Pooran Prasad
Itreya Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
Mail: (e-mail address removed)
Phone(Off) : 5200179/80/81/82/83 Extn: 42
Mobile: +91 98860 29578

johnjjj

Hi John
First check these...
If your submit button is something of this form..
<asp:Button OnClick="Btn_submit" Text="Submit"
runat="server" />
There must be a event called Btn_submit and this must
fire. Make sure there the event is there.
If nothing works, post the code .. lets analyze it to
find out more.
Alternatively you can use <input type="submit"
value="Submit" /> .. will still work :)

Actually I found the problem. It seems the validation controls do fire up
but no messages are showing even though I have text in the ErrorMessage
attribute.
So now I have to find out why the error messages do not show.

John