Submitting multiple forms on one page

belzibob

I have inherited a table where each row is a <form>

Each of these rows has only four columns, those being:
1) Item number
4) Quantity (blank textbox to fill in)
3) Description
4) Add link (to add just this one item.

That works fine but, now they want to have a submit button at the top
of the page, that when clicked, will submit every form whose quantity
has a value.

I have been searching, reading, and trying everything I could find
(I'm not a javascript programmer) to no avail.

Is this even possible? How can I accomplish this.

Thx

Fred Basset

Submitting a form on a web page has the same effect as clicking a link.
It will take you away from that page and on to the one specified by the
form (or determined by its action).

Theoretically you could submit all the forms on the page by writing ...

for (i=0; i<document.forms.length; i++) {
document.forms.submit();
}

... the problem is that you might as well just try and click all the
links on the page at the same time instead ;)

The solutions are either to (tidier) rewrite the page to use only one
form or (less modification of current code) call a function which puts
the details of all the current forms into a new single one. The former
would be the preferable one.

Fred Basset
(e-mail address removed)