  1. Hi all,

    I wonder if somebody had a Sudoko solver written in Python ?

    Rony

    Rony Steelandt, Jul 4, 2006

  2. Fredrik Lundh, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Rony Steelandt

    Guest Guest

    I have one myself (~400 records). it uses the simplest rules, and then trial
    and error, but it works so far.
    --
    Ãngel Gutiérrez Rodríguez -
    Instituto de Ciencia de los Materiales de Madrid - CSIC

    Postal adress: Departamento de Química Física y Analítica
    Universidad de Oviedo - c/Julián Clavería 8 33006 - Oviedo
    Asturias - Spain
    E-mail: Telf.: +34-985103687

    Guest, Jul 4, 2006
  4. Rony Steelandt

    Simon Forman Guest

    Dude, there's like a million of them. Try "Sudoko solver Python" in
    google.

    I wrote one myself based on Knuth's Dancing Links algorithm and using
    Tkinter for the gui. I'll send it to you or post it here if you really
    want. But try google first. ;-) there are certainly bound to be
    better ones out there.

    ~Simon

    Simon Forman, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Rony Steelandt enlightened us with:
    Check out http://www.stuvel.eu/sodoku - it is a Sudoku game with the
    ability to solve & create new puzzles.

    Sybren

    Sybren Stuvel, Jul 4, 2006
  6. yes thanks Sybren, I just found yours.
    looks good and I have wx installed

    @to others,
    sorry for the question, you where right, google had the answer

    thanks

    rony

    Rony Steelandt, Jul 4, 2006
  7. it looks like both zip files are corrupted (for windows platform)?
    I managed to install from source so not a big problem, but it would be nice
    to have the puzzle pack

    Rony

    Rony Steelandt, Jul 4, 2006
  8. Rony Steelandt enlightened us with:
    Can you tell me more? So far I can only tell you that they work just
    fine for me, and 'unzip -t puzzlepack*.zip' tells me the ZIP is fine.
    This is on Linux.

    Sybren

    Sybren Stuvel, Jul 4, 2006
  9. Yes, this is on windows using winzip
    It says the zip file is not a valid zipfile

    Could you send your zip directly to me by mail ? bucodi (at) yahoo (dot) fr

    Rony

    Rony Steelandt, Jul 4, 2006
  10. make sure you save it to disk before opening it.

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Jul 4, 2006
  11. Rony Steelandt

    Jon Ribbens Guest

    Works fine for me on Windows. Try deleting the file you downloaded,
    clearing your browser cache, and trying again.

    On the other hand, when you run it it immediately pops up a huge
    dialog saying that there is a new version available, "404 File Not
    Found", and a huge pile of HTML source. The game itself seems to work
    though.

    Jon Ribbens, Jul 4, 2006
  12. Jon Ribbens enlightened us with:
    Thanks for letting me know. I forgot to port the URL that reports the
    latest version when I moved my website from CherryPy to Django.
    Good.

    Sybren

    Sybren Stuvel, Jul 4, 2006