    and how i may contact you.
    Thanks for your time,
    Tom.

    Tom, Jan 19, 2004

  2. You might want to start by not multi posting.
    If you really feel the need to post to multiple groups, please limit
    yourself to cross posting.

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Save your money. I recommend looking at the JavaRanch site
    www.javaranch.com . Good books would be either

    The Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide (Heller/Roberts), Third
    Edition

    or

    Sun Certified Programmer & Developer for Java 2

    If you get the Heller/Roberts book, make certain you get the current
    edition!

    After going through one of these, I would hammer away on the
    javaranch.com Rules Round-Up Game until you can consistently get 34 or
    better of the 36 questions per game. You should be ready to rock for
    the Programmer test then.

    I also recommend following through and doing the Developer test soon
    afterwards...
    --phil

    Phil Earnhardt, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Thanks for posting phil i appreciate the input,

    ill defenently check out the webpage. The only reason i would prefer
    a tutor is because i learn better in a person to person enviornment. I
    havent actually checked out the java certification studyguide but now
    ill defenently check it out. Thanks for the help!
    Tom

    Tom, Jan 20, 2004
  5. Tom

    Tony Morris Guest

    I used that book and the Java Language Specification for the 310-035 exam.
    I read the book twice solid and used the JLS for reference as well.
    Then I did the practice exams and "skimmed" the book until I was confident
    that I would pass the exam.
    Note that the book contains A LOT of errors and it will pay for you to
    download the errata list (since you might end up confused as I did at
    first).
    I can't remember my score (December 2002) but it was somewhere in the high
    80's - and I was busting for a pee so I didn't bother check over my answers
    (since I was confident of a pass).

    I didn't use any reference for the SCJD assignment and exam (except for the
    API documentation and google of course) and scored 95%.
    Feel free to email me if you have any further queries.

    --
    Tony Morris
    Software Engineer

    Thanks for posting phil i appreciate the input,

    ill defenently check out the webpage. The only reason i would prefer
    a tutor is because i learn better in a person to person enviornment. I
    havent actually checked out the java certification studyguide but now
    ill defenently check it out. Thanks for the help!
    Tom[/QUOTE]

    Tony Morris, Jan 20, 2004