    What do I need to do to receive - during postback - the value set in the
    client by the JavaScript?

    Thanks!

    Guadala Harry, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Guadala Harry

    Guest Guest

    After postback, the value of ImageUrl is coming from the control's ViewState.

    One solution would be to set the value of a hidden field when you set the
    image's src attribute. The value of the hidden field will get posted back
    correctly.

    Guest, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Thanks - I thought about going the hidden field route - but was hoping for
    some solution that wouldn't require adding another field or control that
    needs synchronizing with the original Image control.

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks again...

    -G

    Guadala Harry, Aug 13, 2004
  4. Guadala Harry

    Toby Mathews Guest

    Can you make the code in your codebehind only execute the first time it
    executes? i.e.

    if (!Page.IsPostback)
    myImage.ImageUrl = "some.gif";

    Toby Mathews

    Toby Mathews, Aug 13, 2004
  5. That's not really relevant to the problem - it would be IF there was an
    issue with postback processing walking on the value set in the client - but
    issue is that the value set in the client code is never making it to the
    server (unless I explicitly stuff the value into a hidden field - which I
    don't want to do unless I really must).

    Thanks anyway.

    Guadala Harry, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Guadala Harry

    Toby Mathews Guest

    Harry,

    Sorry, I didn't read your message properly first time round. I'm not sure
    how else you could achieve what you want to do other than how you decribe.
    Good luck,

    Toby

    Toby Mathews, Aug 13, 2004