swing classes cheat sheet?

petermichaux

Hi,

Does anyone know of an online nice tree diagram of the Swing class
inheritance structure?

Thanks,
Peter

Rhino

Hi,

Does anyone know of an online nice tree diagram of the Swing class
inheritance structure?

Thanks,
Peter
You haven't specified which version of Java you are using - 1.5? 1.6? - or
whether you are using J2SE, J2EE, or J2ME so I'm going to assume you mean
J2SE. In that case, you can get a tree diagram of the Swing class
inheritance structure as follows:

- go to http://java.sun.com/docs/index.html
- find the Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, Documentation section
- find the English Docs subsection
- find the '5.0' line and click on the 'View English' link in the J2SE API
Docs column. That should take you to this page:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/index.html
- click on the 'Tree' link at the top of the main window in the frame
- click on 'javax.swing' link in the Package Hierarchies section of the tree

I don't know if that satisfies your definition of 'nice' but it gives you a
inheritance tree for Swing.

IchBin

Rhino said:
You haven't specified which version of Java you are using - 1.5? 1.6? - or
whether you are using J2SE, J2EE, or J2ME so I'm going to assume you mean
J2SE. In that case, you can get a tree diagram of the Swing class
inheritance structure as follows:

- go to http://java.sun.com/docs/index.html
- find the Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, Documentation section
- find the English Docs subsection
- find the '5.0' line and click on the 'View English' link in the J2SE API
Docs column. That should take you to this page:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/index.html
- click on the 'Tree' link at the top of the main window in the frame
- click on 'javax.swing' link in the Package Hierarchies section of the tree

I don't know if that satisfies your definition of 'nice' but it gives you a
inheritance tree for Swing.

Also, Sun has some Java class posters from the Java Series. They are
cheap. About 4-5 years ago I bought one and had it hanging in my
cubicle. You can get them out at Amazon, naturally. You will need to
select the one you want.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...ywords=Java+Class++Poster&Go.x=6&Go.y=5&Go=Go
--

Thanks in Advance...