    3. Does the tab-order work just like in regular forms (1 ->2 -> 3 and so on?)

    4. How does tabindex work with datagrid and datalists. (does it focus the whole grid/list and then each control?)

    5. How do you set a buttons to work as the default button (when "Enter" is pressend) or the cancel-button (when "Esc" is pressed)

    Jarod_24, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Jarod_24

    jm Guest

    ect.)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uthor/dhtml/reference/properties/tabindex.asp
    1.. Objects with a negative tabIndex are omitted from the tabbing order.
    also see:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ystemwindowsformscontrolclasstabstoptopic.asp

    username textfield on a loginpage)

    http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/09/15/aspnet.html

    "Private Sub SetFocus(ByVal ctrl As Control)
    ' Define the JavaScript function for the specified control.
    Dim focusScript As String = "<script language='javascript'>" & _
    "document.getElementById('" + ctrl.ClientID & _
    "').focus();</script>"

    ' Add the JavaScript code to the page.
    Page.RegisterStartupScript("FocusScript", focusScript)
    End Sub

    You can now call the custom SetFocus() function from any event handler to
    change the control focus as needed:

    SetFocus(myTextBox);
    Remember, the focus change won't take effect until the page is rendered and
    sent back to the browser."

    on?)

    It always has for me.

    whole grid/list and then each control?)

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ystemwindowsformscontrolclasstabstoptopic.asp

    see if that helps.

    pressend) or the cancel-button (when "Esc" is pressed)It looks like you are asking two different questions here. As to the first,

    http://www.allasp.net/enterkey.aspx

    http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach...870+asp.net+set+default+button&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=asp.net+set+default+button

    on your second, it looks like you want client side code, I would look at
    onkeypress calling Javascript and using keycode:

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=javascript+keycode

    Hope this helps.

    jm, Apr 10, 2004