table, cell width and javascript problem

kaston3

I have been looking for a solution to this problem.

http://www.educationprojects.net/index9.php

The problem is with the background image (light blue color is actually
an image) on the left and the flash slideshow on the right.

When you first load the page it seems there's no problem aside from
some error (object not found), not related to the tables.

But when you load it again or at random times the cells for image
(left) and flash (right) are not displayed correctly being displaced
further left and right respectively and leaving a space in the middle.

This problem doesn't happen with Firefox.

Thanks.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, kaston3 ([email protected]) feverishly typed...

[...]
The problem is with the background image (light blue color is actually
an image) on the left and the flash slideshow on the right.

Apart from this being a bad use of tables.......

..... Why do you want to use an image to set a solid background colour? Why
not - instead - set the background colour to #A3E2E9 (as my Photoshop seems
to think it is)??

[...]
But when you load it again or at random times the cells for image
(left) and flash (right) are not displayed correctly being displaced
further left and right respectively and leaving a space in the middle.

Happens when you view maximised too (or it does on my system)
This problem doesn't happen with Firefox.

(Blows dust of IE.....)

Hope that helps,
Nige

kaston3

This is just the code that causes the problem (a section of the actual
page). I put it here modified. In the actual page there's a logo image
obviously, not just color.

Thanks anyway.