    I'm thinking I'm smoking crack here just to think there is such a thing,
    but then I'm thinking odds are pretty good that I don't know everything.

    GNU GCC 3.3, but I'd prefer not to use any funny language extensions.

    Richard, Jul 4, 2003

  2. Richard

    Dann Corbit Guest

    You really want
    If the columns are all the same type, look do a web search for "sparse
    matrix"

    If you are going to model a database, then model a field first. Then model
    a row as a list of fields. Then model a table as a list of rows. That way,
    row operations are fast. Column operations will be a bit tedious, but not
    atrocious.

    Dann Corbit, Jul 4, 2003