Table layout question

rf

Gunnar Bartels said:
http://www.maxivista.com/tablequestion.htm

There are two table layout examples Which layout would you prefer
regarding browser rendering behaviour / rendering time / browser
issues(?), etc.?!

These are examples only. The real thing would be more complex.

Thank you for your thoughts.

a) put some content in them
b) make your browser canvas about 200 pixels wide.

You choose. If you are using this construct for layout (as you should not)
then the second one will fall apart quite easily.

Cheers
Richard.

Gunnar Bartels

David Dorward

Gunnar Bartels wrote:

OK folks, I would agree. But if I have designed the page layout
'table-friendly' and if the website would then be 100% compatible

That's a rather big "if"
why not using tables.

(1) Hard to maintain
(2) Bandwidth unfriendly
(3) They would be telling lies (by describing a non-existant relationship)
I suppose transition to CSS layout would require a
serious learning curve, would it not?!

Fairly steep, but not excessively so. There are plenty of template and
tutorial sites ( http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/www/css/ ) and there are
plenty of people who are willing to help out if you post specific queries
to newgroups.
So, shall I use nested or stacked tables for a website like
www.maxivista.com?

No.