Table not showing

Epetruk

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a simple page where a table's properties and contained
controls are generated dynamically.

I have the following code:

In Test.aspx:

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Test.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="Test.TestForm" %>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>Test</title>
name="vs_targetSchema">
</HEAD>
<form id="TestForm" method="post" runat="server">
</form>
</HTML>

In test.aspx.cs:

public class TestForm : System.Web.UI.Page
TestTable = new HtmlTable();
TestTable.Width = "100%";
HtmlTableRow rw = new HtmlTableRow();
HtmlTableCell cl = new HtmlTableCell();
cl.InnerText = "Test";
rw.Cells.Add(cl);
TestTable.Rows.Add(rw);

//
//
InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);
}

/// <summary>
/// </summary>
private void InitializeComponent()
#endregion

protected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable TestTable;
}

Like I said, very simple.

However, when I run the code, nothing shows up - I would expect to see a
single cell with 'Test' displayed in it.

Can anyone explain what's going on here?

TIA,

Mark Fitzpatrick

You're creating a new HTML Table, that could be causing the problem. The
Table already exists that's part of the form so just create a local
protected variable for the page class like so:

protected HtmlTable TestTable;

If this is being generated by VS.Net, it should already be creating a
protected variable for you. Then all you do is add the row to the table just
like you already do and it should be good. When you set the TestTable = new
HtmlTable() in code behind you're now pointing TestTable to a different
object, meaning it isn't referencing the one in the form anymore.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage