technology choice

Kai Fransson

I am considering developing an online security service in the form of a web
application. However, because customer's security information would be stored
on my servers I am unsure if this will be accepted. Perhaps customers want to
run the application "in-house" so that their data is stored locally. I am
convinced however, that some customers will want/accept the fact that their
data is stored on my servers.

This makes me unsure wether to develop a regular ASP.NET+Silverlight
application, or if I should choose something that users can also deploy and
use "in-house". Is there a techonology (or perhaps a design pattern) that
would help me accomplish both?

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?S2FpIEZyYW5zc29u?= wrote on 09 jun 2009 in
I am considering developing an online security service in the form of
a web application. However, because customer's security information
would be stored on my servers I am unsure if this will be accepted.
Perhaps customers want to run the application "in-house" so that their
data is stored locally. I am convinced however, that some customers
will want/accept the fact that their data is stored on my servers.

This makes me unsure wether to develop a regular ASP.NET+Silverlight
application, or if I should choose something that users can also
deploy and use "in-house". Is there a techonology (or perhaps a design
pattern) that would help me accomplish both?

Do you have a classic asp Q?

This is a classic asp group.
Dotnet questions should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

Steven Cheng

Hi Kfransson,

As for the problem scenario you mentioned, would you provide some further
info on how your web application will work with your client users or what
is the role it will perform. I think the technology choice you said should
be something like whether to choose a C/S (rich client based) model or B/S
model.

Also, as other members suggested, if your question will be specific to
ASP.NET or .NET framework, we would recommend you post in those .NET
/ASP.NET specific newsgroups such as:

Thanks for your posting!

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng