testing my aspx on another machine - problems.

Martin Dew

I have been developing a small aspx web site. This has been developed using
visual studio 2003 and with codebehind pages written in c#. It works really
well on my development machine (win xp sp1, IIS installed and updated from
windows update).

I have tried to deploy this to another machine to test the deployment of
it(Win XP all upto date with patches aswell). I have copied all files and
folders from my projects directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Foldername) to an
identical folder on the new machine. I have set up a virtual web in IIS and
I can hit the main page fine on this new machaine, however some items on the
web page do not display, namely the System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
controls on the mainpage. I have .net framewerk 1.1 installed on both
machines. any images also do not seem to display on the new machine , as
though the url is not being found. The ImageUrl property of the
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image object has this value "images\insert.gif"
and works fine on my development machine, so I can only assume that these
problem are encountered due to something being missing on my new machine
which allows these objects to be translated from the html to be drawn on
screen.

Can anyone help with this as I am ready to deploy to test, and this is
holding me up.

T.I.A

Martin

John Saunders

Martin Dew said:
I have been developing a small aspx web site. This has been developed using
visual studio 2003 and with codebehind pages written in c#. It works really
well on my development machine (win xp sp1, IIS installed and updated from
windows update).

I have tried to deploy this to another machine to test the deployment of
it(Win XP all upto date with patches aswell). I have copied all files and
folders from my projects directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Foldername) to an
identical folder on the new machine. I have set up a virtual web in IIS and
I can hit the main page fine on this new machaine, however some items on the
web page do not display, namely the System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
controls on the mainpage.

Martin, use View Source in IE and see what's being rendered.

If you're seeing things like <asp:TextBox/> being rendered, then you don't
have ASP.NET configured. Run "aspnet_regiis -i" and see if that fixes
things.