Testing Web Application

Pablo Cedeno

Hi all,
I'm looking for a testing tool to test my web application made in aspx

I started working with JMeter but i'm lost in this. I made the simpliest
test, get an aspx page, but now i need to test a login process but i don't
know how to do that.

If someone can help me with this, i really appreciate that.
Also, feel free to suggest another test application.

Regards

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

ACT, which ships with some versions of VS.NET is a decent tool. If you can
find it the WAST (Web Application Stress Tool) is an older Microsoft, FREE,
app for testing.

I like using NUnit for my unit tests, but you have to build the stubs in. It
is best with Test Driven Development, where you make the tests first and
then code the software.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Pavel Sher

Hello,
I'm looking for a testing tool to test my web application made in aspx

I started working with JMeter but i'm lost in this. I made the simpliest
test, get an aspx page, but now i need to test a login process but i don't
know how to do that.

If someone can help me with this, i really appreciate that.
Also, feel free to suggest another test application.

You can try actiWATE - Web Application Testing Environment. The tool
is written in Java and Java is used for writing tests.

actiWATE allows user to avoid coding of HTTP requests and concentrate
on action-based scripting. actiWATE test is more easy to write and
comprehend since it consists of clear actions, such as:

- Open page at particular location
- Set value of text field, password field or text area
- Select a file in file upload field
- Select an option in select control
- Click button, radio button, checkbox or link

You can find more information at: http://www.actiwate.com/

Sincerely,

Pavel Sher

Guest

I found Microsoft's Web Applicaiton Stress Tool to be a cool one..no need of
writing your script....tool picks all relevant data required for testing it.

You can even have muliple clients and do testing.

Any question ..let me know..I wud help as much as I can

With Best Regards
Naveen K S

Guest

Do you know of any advanced documentation for WAST that I can fine tune my
test to get the best performance? I'm testing off of 5 clients and I'm not
certain I'm getting the best performance out of them for testing my
application.