Textarea Replacement Script

Jeremy Ross

Hello,

I am looking for a scrip that will replace my textarea boxes with a
javascript wysiwyg editor. I have found a few of these, but I am
looking for one that will upload the images to the server.

Any help with this would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Jeremy Ross

AJ

Jeremy Ross said:
Hello,

I am looking for a scrip that will replace my textarea boxes with a
javascript wysiwyg editor. I have found a few of these, but I am
looking for one that will upload the images to the server.

If you go to www.interactivetools.com there is one there that is brilliant.
The basic one won't do what you want but their's a version that someone else
has done that supports image uploads. If you don't find it then e-mail me
and I'll zip up my version and send it to you.

Andy

Jeffrey Silverman

Hello,

I am looking for a scrip that will replace my textarea boxes with a
javascript wysiwyg editor. I have found a few of these, but I am
looking for one that will upload the images to the server.

Any help with this would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Jeremy Ross

There is an English Web development company, Hardcore Internet, that makes
a fantastic WYSIWYG editor.
http://editor.hardcoreinternet.co.uk/

It is not free. In fact, it's not really even cheap [1]. But it kicks
ass. It does a lot of little things that various Java-based edtitors that
I've found did not, plus it is easy to install, plus you get access to
their source code and you can thus extend it as you need to. (It is not
"open source" -- you cannot extend it and then give away the extended
version).

It is also very cross-platform, working within Mozilla/NS (Gecko-based
browsers), Opera, and MSIE. *And* the support guys were very helpful. They
fixed their *demo* version of the product in response to my input berfore
I had even bought anything.

[1] "Cheap" is all relative, though.

Jeremy Ross

Thanks for all your help, I was looking at that one program, but didn't
realize that there where so many plug ins listed, it was just what I am
looking for.

Thanks again,
Jeremy