Textbox - always in readonly mode (Popup generated)

doug albright

the textbox is always in read only mode (yes the config is ok for the
properties: enabled, maxLength, readonly, etc)

The problem only occurs when I create the window via a server side
script, such as:

Response.Write("<script>window.open( windowName ,
'name','height=300,width=500,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=n
o,resizable=no);</script>");

here is the HTML for the text box:

<asp:textbox ReadOnly="False" id="TextBoxTrackingNumber" runat="server"
MaxLength="20" style="Z-INDEX: 104; LEFT: 135px; POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 99px" Width="160px" Height="25px" tabIndex="1"
CssClass="textboxOrder"></asp:textbox>

Is there some restriction on data input on "pop up" windows created from
the server? or maybe a global window config setting that I am missing?

All my other Textbox fields work correctly on ALL other pages.

thanks in advance,
doug