textbox value lost upon postback

Ashish

Hi All,
I have a server runnable textbox control. I also have a server side button
object but I hook up javascript to it to show a modal dialog. Upon return it
places the value in the textbox (client side script). The problem is that
after it places the value, postback occurs and value is lost. I have tried
overriding SaveViewState and LoadViewState but it doesnt help (for some
super cool reason load is called first after postback rather than save view
state. however since the value of textbox is changed on client side it
doesnt help at all). Next I tried implementing IPostBackDataHandler and
IPostBackEventHandler events but the methods arent' called at all. Help !!!
I wanna prevent silly workouts of a hidden field if possible.
Thanks
Ashish

Ashish

Following up on this, I was also trying to call the __doPostback from the
client script. But it doesnt help as well....
Ashish

Teemu Keiski

Post some code to demonstrate what you have implemented so far.

--
Teemu Keiski