The best way to uniquely identify anonymous visitors

muser8

What is the best way in which to uniquely identify anonymous visitors
to an asp.net website? I'd like to create on online poll, but I want
to guard against people hitting the refresh button, scripting posts to
the web form, deleting cookies, ect…

Does anyone have any ideas or know where I might find any good online
resources?

TIA,
Sean

Scott Allen

The best you can do is approximate the number of users by sending a
persistent cookie to each client. Even this approach isn't perfect,
because people can disable cookies, and delete cookies, and multiple
users could share the same computer.

Curt_C [MVP]

If you are allowing anonymous access then there will always be a away around
what you are requesting. You will have to have a unique identifier and you
can help limit this but it will never be 100%.