The page cannot be displayed

Guest

I create an ASP.Net page and put a button on there. I run the project and
clik the button twice. If I then try to hit the back button on my browser I
get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. Does anyone else get this? Is
there a way to fix this? It's making another app I wrote look pretty crappy
whenever the user hits the back button and gets that error.

Rob Schieber

CLEAR-RCIC said:
I create an ASP.Net page and put a button on there. I run the project and
clik the button twice. If I then try to hit the back button on my browser I
get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. Does anyone else get this? Is
there a way to fix this? It's making another app I wrote look pretty crappy
whenever the user hits the back button and gets that error.

What error are you getting? You need to be more specific.

Guest

Here's what the message says:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be
experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser
settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click
Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should
match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or
Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set
Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network
connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then
click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have
installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings
can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the
Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0,
SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Lucas Tam

If I then try to hit the back button on my browser I
get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. Does anyone else get
this? Is there a way to fix this? It's making another app I wrote
look pretty crappy whenever the user hits the back button and gets
that error.

It's due to the way ASP.NET uses form submits to send data between the
browser and the server.

Not sure if you can fix it./.