"The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"

Kevin Buchan

I have some code to query Active Directory group membership, based on
an LDAP path. This works beautifully in my test exectuable, but when
I try to move the class I built into an ASP.Net web project, I get the
following error:
"The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"

The LDAP path I'm using is shown below and I know that it works:
"LDAP://CN=BuchanKL,OU=WebDevelopment,DC=troutmansanders,DC=com"

I *suspect* that the problem may lie with the fact that the web page
runs under the ASPNET local account while the test executable ran as
my priviledged domain account.

How can I reconcile this situation? Can I change ASP.Net to run under
a domain account so that the domain admins can give it higher security
settings?

Thanks!

-Kevin Buchan
(e-mail address removed)