This newsgroup is the work of the devil

Nik Coughin

Mark said:
That's what you get for using OE.

Good point; in hindsight it seems much more likely that the newsreader is
the work of Satan, and not the newsgroup.

Leif K-Brooks

steven said:
That's because you're running XP. I use Win2K and I get another number:
11849.

Ah, but that really means 666. The series of ones at the start are added
up to create an offset (2). Then, you alternately subtract and add
(starting with subtract) the offset plus the corresponding number in the
Fibonacci sequence minus one to each digit. If you ran Linux, you would
get a perfectly harmless number like 708.

Terry

um... alt.fan.monty-python is over there ------>