    is - would the thread timeout at all, when trying to generate so many files?

    Thanks in advance
    Graham

    Graham, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Graham

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Graham:

    Threads do not time out, so I wouldn't have this concern.

    Applications can timeout, however. I can configure an application pool in
    Win2003 to shut down an app after x minutes of inactivity. A background thread
    isn't considered activity though - only incoming requests are. Something
    to look for in your config.

    Scott Allen, Jan 20, 2005