Time picker

timmy_dale12

I have a time field in an application. I am looking for some kind of
pop up function that lets me insert a time.
So its like a calendar pop up but you can choose a valid time instead
of a date

Has anybody here made such a function or know a link to any exampels
Thanks

Fred Serry

I have a time field in an application. I am looking for some kind of
pop up function that lets me insert a time.
So its like a calendar pop up but you can choose a valid time instead
of a date

Has anybody here made such a function or know a link to any exampels
Thanks

What about 2 (or 3) selects for hour and minutes (and seconds).
As opposed to a calendar, which changes by the month, the clock is the
same every day.
(Unless Dr J has another opinion on this subject, ofcourse :)

Fred

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, seen in
news:comp.lang.javascript said:
What about 2 (or 3) selects for hour and minutes (and seconds).
As opposed to a calendar, which changes by the month, the clock is the
same every day.
(Unless Dr J has another opinion on this subject, ofcourse :)

One can do it exactly like a date picker, except that there is no need
to vary the length of any drop. To keep the Americans happy, and to
annoy almost everyone else, one could add a.m. & p.m. - rather
carefully, when interpreting.

With drops of length 60 for seconds and minutes, the method seems slower
than just typing in something like 12:34:56. Try my YWD picker, which
has a drop of 53 for next year.

One could make something like my Date Picker, but with three arrays of
buttons; that would be fast, for expert mouse-wielders; but a waste of
download time. See <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-date6.htm>
Date and Time Choosers, and <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-
date4.htm> on validation.

George Ziniewicz

I have a time field in an application. I am looking for some kind of
pop up function that lets me insert a time.
So its like a calendar pop up but you can choose a valid time instead
of a date

Has anybody here made such a function or know a link to any exampels

I once needed a data and time input in a SAS/AF application that may have
some relevance here, for the date I used a standard calendar, and for the
time I used a dialog that required 2 clicks to input the time, one to set
hour, by clicking on fields labeled 0-23, with am/pm option.

Hour:
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
AM PM

The 0-23 was actually a single field and I got the mouse location to
determine the hour, the am/pm was a radio set (SAS choice group)

The minutes I handled by creating a single 60 column text widget with 2
rows of numbers in a monospace font that looked like (sorry if they don't
line up here):

Minute:
0----|----1----|----2----|----3----|----4----|----5----|----0
012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789

where each minute was represented by a vertical set of numbers/symbols
for 0-5 and 0-9. A click on this field was intercepted, and the horizontal
location retrieved to determine the minute value.

Other fields displayed the selected time, and offset from "now". A
custom prompt string was passed to the routine, and final OK button press
was optionally required.

I haven't done this in JavaScript so I don't know how the logistics of
determining click offest on a fixed font, and popup non-modality would
actually come together, but the SAS implementation worked very well, and was
one of my most heavily used utility subs for database input.

zin
-- http://www.zintel.com