Timeout makes report fail

Morten Snedker

If setting
<sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="true" timeout="60" />
in the webconfig, makes a report (in a ReportViewer) fail with a
session timeout.

If removing the timeout from webconfig, the report is shown without
error.

Any ideas?

Mark Fitzpatrick

I've seen cases where you can actually set a value to be too large, causing
things to cancel early. You may try setting it to 20, which would be the
default anyway, and going up from there. Can you tell if the application is
also closing out as well or just the session? I'm wondering if the
application itself is closing down after 20 minutes of inactivity, which is
the normal for an application.

Morten Snedker

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:57:05 -0600, "Mark Fitzpatrick"

I'm not sure what you mean by "application closing". The browser
application stays alive at all times. I've made no special closing
events.

I've set the timeout in webconfig and a 1 hour javascript timer client
side. That's it.

I've started moving the report to a crystal report, but I find it an
awkwad solution to the problem.

60 minutes timeout is a minimum. Users a experiencing problems with
not making it when entering data. And I'd like to keep it cookieless.

Thanks for your response!

/Snedker