timer functionality in .net

Guest

Hi,
I'm developing an online fun game called tambola...
The requirement is as follows
Each logged user will have a ticket generated for him..
The system should display the numbers from 1 to 99 after every 10 secs....

Presently, I've used a timer control to display the numbers after every 10
secs...
The problem with the timer control is that, it's causing a postback after
every 10 secs,,, which is a hit on the server..
I want to avoid this hit on the server.. Is there any other to achieve this
functionality in .net without much load on the server

regs
avl

Guest

Presently, I've used a timer control to display the numbers after
every 10 secs...
The problem with the timer control is that, it's causing a postback
after every 10 secs,,, which is a hit on the server..
I want to avoid this hit on the server.. Is there any other to achieve
this functionality in .net without much load on the server

If you don't generate the numbers server side, it'll allow users to hack
your app - is this a problem?

If not, you can use Javascript.

Guest

I've tried to use the javascript....but wasn't succesful..

Can you pass on few samples