TIP: httpRuntime executionTimeout

Peter Jaffe

I had noticed a number of people posting that they where having
trouble getting the Web.config httpRuntime executionTimeout attribute
to work as expected.

I realized today that if the compilation debug attribute is set to
"true" in the configuration, then the framework doesn't seem to
timeout requests (probably because this might be annoying if you had a
debugger attached and were stepping through code).

It would be nice if the MSDN documentation for the executionTimeout
config attribute referenced this dependency. A similar thing that
threw me for awhile was that a trace="true" at the page level seems to
implicitly cause a No-Cache directive to be issued in the response.

Hope this helps someone.

Pete