tool for drawing timing diagrams

Ralf Hildebrandt

krby_xtrm said:
anyone knows a software tool for drawing timing diagrams?

I use xfig for documentation for this purpose. I would say every
vector-based painting tool would be ok.

Sometimes it is possible to just print the output of your waveform
display tool to a postscript file and use this for documentation.

Ralf

Marcus Harnisch

Ralf Hildebrandt said:
I use xfig for documentation for this purpose.

XFig's repetetive copy operation is great for the otherwise tedious
drawing of periodic signals such as clocks.
Sometimes it is possible to just print the output of your waveform
display tool to a postscript file and use this for documentation.

Aren't we supposed to finish documentation *before* starting to write
(never mind simulate) code?

-- Marcus

jens

http://www.timingdesigner.com/

Somewhat expensive but very powerful, you can enter min/max delays and
constraints and it will show you graphically (or spreadsheet view) if
you meet timing, along with a bunch of other features.

It seems more suitable for board design, but could also be useful for
FPGAs/ASICs.

Mike Treseler

Marcus said:
Aren't we supposed to finish documentation *before* starting to write
(never mind simulate) code?

We're supposed to get the job done
and have it work. Style is secondary.
If I work top down only, I can't run
a sim until I'm almost done.

-- Mike Treseler

Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Timing Diagram Software

I have always used TimeGen to draw timing diagrams. It is fast and very easy to use, and a good product for the price.

The company is XFusion Software and website is here:
www . xfusionsoftware . com